Wednesday 20 August 2014

Heinz Veg Chilli Beanz Review (BuzzAgents)



I should explain a little bit about Buzz Agents before getting into this review! www.BuzzAgents.co.uk are a website where you answer surveys about things - generally consumer type questions, and then based on your answers, you will be invited to take part in campaigns where you build awareness about products, review them and generally buzz about them - you get sent free products to do this!

So this is the first Buzz Agents campaign that I have participated in. This particular product is the Heinz Veg Chilli Beanz. First of all I tried them on their own, heated up. I was surprisingly impressed! I wouldn't say that my expectations for this product were particularly high, but I was pleasantly surprised. First of all, and it sounds minor but it's worth mentioning, the texture of the kidney beans was really nice, very tender and was clearly good quality - a bit different to the normal Tesco Value kidney beans I get.

The next thing that I picked up on was the smoky flavour, which reminded me a lot of my home-made chilli, of which I tend to put a decent amount of smoked paprika in - it really did have a nice, slightly spicy, smoky depth of flavour.

There is a perfect amount of sauce, it's nicely seasoned and very flavoursome.

Next, I poured the hot beans over some tortilla chips (I happened to be using what I consider to be the best tortilla chips on the market - Kettle Tortilla Chips), and spread some cheese over the top, and baked in the oven for 5 or so minutes.

They were incredible. They really were utterly moreish. I wouldn't liked to have seen my face after consuming the entire plate, because it wasn't the cleanest of dishes or the easiest to eat, but it tasted like a very typical and traditional nacho dish, and as I am a big meat lover, I am surprised to say I didn't miss the lack of beef at all! I definitely recommend doing the nachos option as is suggested on the can.

I'd give this product four stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment