Tuesday 7 April 2015

Florida Food Diary | Day 5

Welcome to the latest edition of my Florida Food Diary. It's been six months and I still have not got this entire thing up. I will do soon though. This uk food reviews blog or food reviews uk blog as you may call it will start to buck it's ideas up!

Anyway, here we go...Day 5!

We apparently had "snacky bits" for breakfast - this is what I've described it as in my diary.

Mickey Mouse Ice Cream sandwich for lunch at Disney World Magic Kingdom. I was actually quite surprised by this one, it was pretty delicious. The Mickey cookie portions were soft chewy, dark cookies and the ice cream in the middle had a lovely milky taste. It was great as it melted in the heat. This is making me sad.

I then had a corn dog. Also at Magic Kingdom. Ever since I tried Corn dogs in San Francisco just over a decade ago, I have absolutely loved them and always taken the rare opportunity to eat them. The almost nutty, corny batter on the outside has a great texture and goes so well with the sausage. Incredible.

TGI Friday for dinner! AKA Fridays - wow, this was so disappointing! TGI Fridays in the UK is one of our favourite chain restaurants but in the USA it just wasn't up to the standards of everywhere else. I had an overcooked, fatty steak with parmesan fries which sounded great but lacked flavour and were mushy and not crispy at all, and they were big too, a bit like soggy fries. Not good.

That's it! Tune in next time when we went to Sea World!


No comments:

Post a Comment